So it’s a no brainer that acai bowls are one of my go-to breakfast choices when the sun is out. I’m all for smoothies but when it’s in a bowl with a load of toppings, I’m able to enjoy it a lot more rather than downing it within 10 seconds! I love how many superfood powders and nutrients I am able to pack into it and know that it will still taste delicious too. This truly is a recipe to make if you want to feel naturally energised with glowing skin!!
Two key ingredients I used are the Iluminos Nordic Marine Collagen and the Rejuvenate powder. Both taste amazing on their own, but even better when mixed with acai!
I’ve been taking collagen for the past few months now and have honestly seen amazing results, especially through my nails, hair and skin. I’ve never taken it religiously until I found this one purely because of the ingredients (it’s wild caught marine collagen from the Nordic waters)! The Rejuvenate really helps support my health through the vitamin C and antioxidants. I am such an advocate for clean, sustainable and high quality products that work and this just does it all, I’m obsessed!!
Benefits of Nordic Marine collagen
- Marine collagen promotes glowing complexion, strong nails and hair through promoting collagen in the body (collagen is a protein found in the body that glues the skin together and as we age, this decreases).
- Butterfly pea powder has high antioxidants that promote skin, eye and hair health (also makes it super pretty & blue)
- Rosemary extract that’s another antioxidant to help the liver detox and cleanse from inflammation especially in the skin.
So now for the bit you’ve all been waiting for… my go-to glow boosting acai bowl recipe!
- 1 packet frozen organic acai
- Small handful of frozen cauliflower (sounds weird but it thickens the texture and you can’t taste it!)
- 1 cup coconut milk + water to desired consistency (I like my acai quite thick but it depends on what blender you use to achieve that).
- 2 tsp Iluminos Noridic Marine Collagen
- 1 tsp Iluminos Rejuvenate
- 1 tsp maca powder (great for balancing hormones and energy)
- 1 tsp chaga mushroom powder (optional but ever since I heard this is the most powerful mushroom loaded with antioxidants to reduce inflammation and prevent aging, I’m adding this to every smoothie!)
- 2 tsp greens powder (optional but I love to get in those extra nutrients from greens)
- Shredded coconut
- Cacao nibs
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chia seeds
- Cacao almond butter
- Blend all the base ingredients together in a blender for around 1.5-2 mins.
- Pour into a bowl and load up with the toppings (don’t be shy!)
It really is as easy and simple as that! The most nutritious recipes do not need to be complicated!
If you’re wanting to try out any Iluminos products, I’ve got a special code ‘SHANNON15’ that you can use at checkout to get you 15% off. Enjoy angels!
Holistic Health Coach / Lifestyle and Wellness Influencer